Saturday, June 8, 2013

cat eye: played out for a reason


So, I realize that the cat eye look has been Played Out For Life and is somewhat of a beauty writing cliche by now. But bear with me when I say it's played out for a reason: it's so damn flattering on absolutely anybody and everybody (um, especially Brigitte Bardot but she's not human so we don't have to compare ourselves to her.) 

I had abandoned the winged-out look for a while because I was having a lot of trouble with the liquid liner I owned and was too lazy to get a new one. I can never seem to get both eyes going at the exact same angle and it's frustrating, damn it. That is, it was frustrating until I finally bit the bullet (another cliche, woops) and handed over the $26 for the ever-popular and ever-praised Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner from Sephora:
damn girl

It's like the beautiful pointed tip markers we used to use in fashion illustration class to draw details on our designs and I'm sooooo into it. The first time I tried it I did not get the exact same angle of wing (because that's me, not so good at drawing despite the efforts of my amazing illustration teacher) but unlike with my previous cheap liquid liner, I have confidence that I will get there. And that's where the biggest difference lies. Meow. 

5 comments:

Mariam said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

II want to learn how to put it on my eyes..
Get Best Info for Garage Doors Elk Grove CA

Unknown said...

that was truly fascinating

I found the best Tech Support Shoretel

Unknown said...

i will share this to my friends.

Tax Prep Sacramento

Unknown said...

can i bookmarked this because i want to share this to my friends

I found the best State Farm Seattle