WELP my wireless router is broken so I haven't been able to blog regularly from the comfort of my laptop but I thought ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, I GOTTA BE ME so I decided to try blogging from the family PC. 1st Problem Encountered: Keyboard keeps changing to French Canadian setting and my apostrophes become èèèèèèèèèèèèè those
- Bad Romance is the best video ever. Not going to do a recap or anything but bff Andrew (aka PULLTEETH) has some awesome screencaps on his blog. My favourite one:
bearskin rug turned coat-with-train P.S. Still think the song itself is pretty lackluster but the video makes me like it more. Can we bring back Much Music video dances? You know, tweens all in a community center gym dancing while music videos play on a huge projector? Ya?
- I have a GoogleWave invite on its way to my inbox!!!! (FINALLY)
- I got the best new ring, now my profanity is a gift to you!
- Stu is in Hawaii for 9 days because his sister is getting Mauiied (ew sorrrrrrrrrry). I'm not going because I've never met her and I'm also broke. BUT HEY LOOK HOW CUTE WE ARE WITH OUR MATCHING JOE FRESH SUNNIES
- This clown is coming to visit me in Vancouver in 23 SLEEPS BITCHES oh AND we have VIP SECOND ROW SEATS TO GAGA'S MONSTER BALL. WUT.
- I'm making it my MISSION to become this girl. Need: Hair, shades, fur coat, chanel tshirt, metal sequin encrusted underneath-thing. OK I THINK I CAN DO THE HAIR, I'M ON MY WAY
Remember these shoes? Well if you do the math, it has been over a year since I've had them and I've worn them a LOT. I've worn them so much that they were scuffed up and starting to look ratty and I was starting to not want to wear them anymore. Also they're slightly too big so I have to wear them with thick grandpa socks (which is ok on cold days!). So I decided to take matters into my own hands and PAINT THEMMMMMM!
I started off with the plan to mix up a grey that matched and just retouch them a little bit but when I ran out of black acrylic paint I had to think on my feet (PUNNNNN). The grey was definitely not dark enough yet so I decided to just run with it! I painted the front part and then the back heel part using the stitching as my guide. Then I got into detailing and did the trim! It was hella fun. TAKE A LOOK:
Before (sort of before...before they got all scuffed up):
So cute right? I plan on painting them different colours when this colour scuffs and to just keep painting them until they fall apart because I love these shoes!