Saturday, August 9, 2008

handjobs for the holidays

That's a Broken Social Scene song.

I'm at the end of Day 1 in my new Vancouver home. I'm sitting in my unbelievably comfortable bed listening to BSS and blogging and reading blogs and thinking about blogs. My cat just stumbled in, Cosmo Kramer-style. When I was younger, probably about 7 years old, I did Kramer impressions daily. I was a real card.

I cried all day yesterday, on and off, about leaving Winnipeg and not having any friends here. Everybody keeps assuring me I'll make friends easily. I'm trying my best to believe them but in the mean time I'm eating pickles and reading Anne Frank's diary. I remember in the 3rd grade I started reading it and only got about halfway through before losing interest in it and starting one of my own. I even named it like she did and wrote in the same style.

For tradition's sake I'll include the usual plane-bathroom-photo. I'm thinking of compiling them once I have enough and doing something with them. It's not vain because I don't look pretty in them. I look sad in this one and whereas that is partly true, it's mostly because I had just woken up from the least comfortable airplane nap I have ever experienced (full of violent and sporadic head-nodding and accidental teeth chattering. Ugh).



For now I leave you with my make-upless mile-high mug. Enjoy your night whether you are spending it in Vancouver, Winnipeg, or anywhere else. If you're in Winnipeg I want to pull a Freaky-Friday with you right now. Any takers?

5 comments:

Andrew said...

Technically it's Sunday right now and I leave on Sunday....so TWO WEEKS

Little Bird said...

i'd be a taker for sure. dear check out the Royal Unicorn for dance parties. think good form. you'll find good people there if it's still as it was when i left.

discotheque confusion said...

you WILL make friends.

it's just one of those things that is a little awkward until it all kicks in, but what they hell, it's "character building"!

to be honest with pickles, BSS and a cat for company, I'd be tempted to go down the recluse avenue.

and of COURSE i know handjobs for the holidays is broken social scene. it's on my top 25!

Mike said...

girl find the clubs in vancouver (the trendy ones) and make some friends

Anonymous said...

you are sosososo pretty. even in an airplace bathroom & with no makeups & after having a bad nap.

i love you.

- carly.