Sunday, October 12, 2008

walk among us

HALLOWEENIE is coming up really soon. I don't think I have any place to even dress up so that's kind of a bummer. I always think of an awesome idea last minute and put a ton of effort into it and come out with a pretty good costume. I love playing dress up.

I was feeling particularly creative today so I thought I'd make a collage. This time of the year always makes me want to break out the dark plum lipstick and black clothes. I love goth influenced style (not the cheesy mall-goth shit but the badass spiderweb tights and bat winged dresses). Here are some things to inspire you.


1. John Rocha Spring 09 RTW
2. Louise, image via Facehunter. Proof that you can do goth without black hair.
3. Beetlejuice and Lydia (Winona Ryder) from the Tim Burton classic
4. Backstage makeup at Lanvin Spring 08 RTW
5. Camilla Stærk (designer and goth-tress extraordinaire) with friends, image via the Sartorialist
6. Enid (Thora Birch) in Ghost World
7. Edward Scissorhands of course and appropriately captioned "Vampires Three."

6 comments:

Andrew said...

i give thanks to the mall goths

natalie said...

you are great at halloween costumes, so great that I think I'm going to copy your paper bag princess dress from the cjs dance!

Anonymous said...

go out
your in vancouver (right?)
theres gotta be a hipster club somewhere

Brigitte Plouffe said...

brent and i are going as angela and dwight. i thought you'd enjoy that!

Dave said...

There are zero hipster clubs in Vancouver, just jogging paths.

Stef, tomorrow tell everyone you voted for Gordon Campbell.

Blogger said...

Whether your prime concern is variety or taste, VaporFi got you covered.

With vape juices that come from food-grade ingredients, their vaping flavors are very smooth and consistent.