Monday, January 7, 2008

callous

It's really nice to work at a job where you don't have to put your hair back or wear a uniform or a hat or ugly shoes.

My father phoned me after his Vancouver interview today but I was at work. He left a message that said "I think I nailed it" and I guess they're going to make him an offer sometime next week.
Last night I had a good chunk of time to rack my brains and shed some tears and I think I've got it. I'm going to move to Toronto and go to school there. I'm not going to try to get into fashion because although that is one of my few passions, I crave knowledge beyond what the fashion program can offer me. I want to learn about philosophy and culture and languages and people.

I'm still very very scared and although they're shaky, I am slowly taking my first steps.

No comments: