It was really awesome to see where I'm going to be living for the next chunk of my life. It's beautiful there and I love our place. And now that I'm back in Winnipeg I feel lonelier than ever, it's weird having to adjust to living "alone" or without your family.
Things about Vancouver in no particular order but numbered anyway for your convenience:
1. Every restaurant is a sushi restauraunt. Basically. Believe me when I say that there is, like, 1 sushi restaurant for every 2 people. We mistakingly went to one on Robson that was all-you-can-eat and it was TERRIBLE. Further research on good sushi restaurants is soon to follow.
2. Almost as common as sushi restaurants: hair/nail salons. It. is. insane. I wanted to drag my mom in one to see if they had really cheap hair extensions since the competition is so fierce but we didn't get around to it. On that topic: If done right, are hair extensions tacky?
3. There are beaches in the middle of the city. In the middle of downtown there is a beach! Further research on cute bathing suits is soon to follow.
4. Contrary to popular belief (you know who you are) the last skytrain to my place leaves downtown at 1:15 am. Still early for a night out but manageable.
5. The only H&M in the Vancouver area is a 12 minute drive from my condo.
6. Almost as numerous as sushi restaurants and beauty salons: THRIFT. STORES.
7. They sell expired Pocky for 79 cents.
So there you have it. Now for the photos I promised:
This is what a CRAZED traveler looks like on next-to-no sleep. Look at those googly eyes, that shit is SCARY.